Sunday, July 22, 2012

Why Dance Matters

As we are coming up on National Dance Day (July 28, 2012), Nichelle at Dance Advantage has posted the question: "Why does dance matter to you?"  In fact, she's trying to start a whole movement (dance pun intended) of the online dance community to share Why Dance Matters.  If you want to get involved, check it out at whydancematters.org, tweet #whydancematters to you or follow our Pinterest board (you know I love a good Pinterest board)!

So here's why dance matters to me:

It's my job.  

But more than that, it's my passion.

No, it's still more than that... it's who I am.


From: http://youknowyoureadancerwhen.tumblr.com/tagged/wordsofdancers

You would not be able to describe me without talking about dance.  

It's a link between my past and my present.

It's what I do when my soul needs mending.

It's the joy that I want to share with my students and friends.

It's a universal expression of joy and love and emotions.

It has created a community of people in my life whom I love and who I feel like I've known my whole life (online and offline).

It's wordless communication.

Dance is part of me.



Join the project and share why dance matters to YOU! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...