Saturday, September 10, 2011

Dance Studio Season Opener


Today was the season opener at my dance studio.  I don't teach on Saturdays, so I worked in the office and got to sit back (ha!) and observe for the first part of the day.

On Saturday mornings, we have many of our preschool classes and I always love watching kids experience the joy of dance for the first time!  I overheard a little girl tell her teacher, "I couldn't sleep last night because I was so excited to do ballet!"

It's also fun to watch the first-time parents... nervous that their child will follow directions or like the class - as a teacher I used to think the parents were watching me, until I had a niece take class and all I wanted to do was watch her!  We had a lot of dads bringing students today, which is also funny to see their reaction to "Daddy, look at my plie!"

After our morning classes, our performance team danced at a local community event (free advertising!) and then I enjoyed the rest of the night off!  After our first week back, I plan to take my office manager out for some margaritas... we've been working so much overtime these last few weeks to get everything ready for today, I think its high time for a night out!

If your studio opened this month, congratulations on a new season!  What did you do on your first day "back to work"?  Did you feel prepared?  Stressed?  Relaxed?  Hopeful?  Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...